YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AFFIRMS YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THEN DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
Revised September 8, 2012
Reversity Ventures, LLC, Reversity Media, LLC and their affiliates (together, the “Company” or “Companies”) operate websites located at www.savethescifi.com, www.singularityand.co, www.scifibooks.com, www.reversity.net and elsewhere, together with the underlying source HTML files which implement the hypertext features, and other digital files which provide content, which are together hereinafter referred to as the “Site(s).”
By accessing any of the Sites, you have affirmatively accepted the following terms and conditions:
Since digital products are delivered immediately, we are unable to offer refunds once your subscription is active and you have used it to access the Sites.
- The contents of the Sites, including, but not limited to text, graphics, images, video, audio and icons (the “Contents”), are, unless otherwise indicated, copyrighted materials owned or controlled by Companies or entities which have granted certain rights to Companies. The Contents may also contain Companies’ or such other entity’s name, trademarks, service marks, and trade names, as well as product designs covered by United States and foreign design patents. You are hereby granted a nonexclusive, nontransferable, limited license to view, reproduce, download, print, and distribute portions of the Site and the Contents of the Site, for your personal use in learning about the topics discussed at the Site, in evaluating or acquiring the Companies services or products, or in learning about and evaluating other services and products described at the Site. You must faithfully reproduce any and all copyright notices which are provided by the Companies, and may not obscure copyright or other notices.
- Except as specifically provided herein, the Companies do not not grant permission to you to print, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, upload, download, store, display in public, alter, or modify the Site or the Contents.
- The license for each ebook distributed by the Companies may vary, and you must comply with the terms of each individual ebook’s license.
- The Companies make no representation that the materials contained in the Sites are appropriate or authorized for use in all countries, states, provinces, counties, or any other jurisdictions. If you choose to access this Site, you do so on your own initiative and risk and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” ON AN “AS AVAILABLE BASIS.” ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, AND ALL INDEMNITIES OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. COMPANY AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, CORRECTLY SEQUENCED, RELIABLE OR TIMELY, OR THAT USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, OR FREE OF ERRORS AND/OR VIRUSES. YOU USE THE SITE AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR NEGLIGENCE, WILL THE COMPANIES, ANY RELATED PARTIES, OR THEIR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS ) THAT ARISE OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS, DEFECTS, UNTIMELINESS, OR UNAUTHENTICITY OF ANY CONTENT IN THE SITE, OR THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR ANY CONTENT THEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANIES, RELATED PARTIES’ AND LICENSOR’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, OR CLAIM RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF THIS SITE EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO THE COMPANIES FOR ACCESSING THIS SITE, IF ANY.
The foregoing limitation of liability includes, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all damages suffered as a result of (1) errors and/or omissions, typographical errors, and technical inaccuracies in or on the Site or on third-party websites which are linked to the Site directly or indirectly; (2) the unavailability of this Site or any portion of the Site; (3) your use of this Site for any purpose whatsoever; or (4) any damages to personal property, including computer equipment and software, whether as a result of computer viruses or otherwise.
- The Sites may contain references to products or services that are not available in all geographic locations.
WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY
Revised April 22, 2012
Protecting your privacy is VERY IMPORTANT to the Companies. This notice describes our use and protection of nonpublic personal information that we obtain when you complete an application, place an order, call us, or send us a letter or email. As you review this notice, please remember that:
- We respect your privacy and make safeguarding your personal information a priority.
- We maintain security practices to keep your personal information safe.
- We do not sell or share your personal information with unrelated companies so that they can market their products or services to you.
- If we believe that an unrelated company offers products or services that would be of interest to you, we may communicate to you about them ON THE SITES. We will not communicate with these companies regarding your relationship with us, nor will we provide them any of your personal information.
- We expect persons or organizations that provide services on our behalf to keep your personal information confidential and to use it only to provide the services we have asked them to perform. We will only provide such information if absolutely necessary to provide a service for which you have opted-in.
- When it comes to privacy, we believe that you have the right to make meaningful choices. If you ask us not to do so, we will not contact you about additional products and services.
We may request the following types of personal information from you:
- Information about your identity, such as your name, address, email, and telephone number.
- Information about your order transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as your credit card number and expiration date.
- Information about your service usage with us, such as your tastes and preferences, and customer service, support, and website usage.
We will only share the personal information we collect with:
- Our “affiliates” (i.e., companies related to us by common control or ownership, such as a publishing service provider).
- Unrelated companies that perform work for us, including companies that perform customer service and support, customer surveys, or help us market or deliver products and services to you. All such companies that act on our behalf are contractually obligated to keep the personal information we provide them confidential and to use the personal information we share only to provide the services we ask them to perform for us.
- Companies and other entities as required or permitted by law.
The Companies or a designated service provider may also place or recognize a unique cookie on your computer in order to display advertisements that you see on this website. Information about your visits to, and activity on, this site, as well as the number of times you have viewed an advertisement, is used to display on your computer screen customized advertisements that may be of particular interest to you.
While the Companies will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such requests, if allowed or required by applicable laws. You should also be aware that in certain circumstances it may take a substantial amount of time, or not even be technologically possible, to fully accommodate your request.